ABC/Image Group LA Doubling down has certainly paid off for Eric Church. The “Some of It” hitmaker is the top country artist on Pollstar’s Mid-Year ranking of the Top 100 North American Tours. He comes in tenth overall, with pop superstar Pink at number one.
The North Carolina native’s Double Down Tour has grossed more than $46 million dollars so far this year. Eric’s closest competitor is Garth Brooks at #14 with nearly $40 million, though his receipts are estimated, since he doesn’t reveal his box office numbers.
Next up is George Strait at #20 with close to $22 million, leading the charge for classic country acts. Alabama and Willie Nelson also appear in the bottom half of the list.
When it comes to newer artists, Luke Combs does best, landing at number 33 with just more than $11 million.
Here’s a look at all eleven country artists who make the list, along with their overall ranking and their year-to-date box office totals:
10. Eric Church $46.4 million
14. Garth Brooks $39.8 million (estimated)
20. George Strait $21.8 million
22. Kenny Chesney $18.4 million
23. Blake Shelton $17.8 million
33. Luke Combs, $11.1
50. Zac Brown Band $8 million
52. Alabama $7.5 million
66. Old Dominion $5.3 million
77. Willie Nelson $4.6 million
88. Dierks Bentley $3.8 million
Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.